Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm still a fat bastard

I certainly don't look like it, but apparently I'm still a fat bastard! I weighed myself in the locker room today.

170 pounds.

Shit.

This is crazy, too, because I feel like 155-160. And people say they've noticed I've lost a lot of weight. But 170 pounds isn't too far off of 174, which was the heaviest I'd ever recorded myself. Maybe the scale might be broken?

Who knows? At least I'm moving quicker. I'm feeling leaner. And my training is picking up.

I did some sequences from the kata Unsu tonight. It's been so long since I did that kata. It's rusty, but the core feeling of the moves is still there. I'm confident I can get it to a world-class kata by November. Also, my four basic kata -- Bassai Dai, Kanku Dai, Empi, and Jion -- are shaping up nicely. I'm particularly pleased with the progress of my Jion and Bassai Dai. They're shaping up to be very solid.

In other news, I'm seriously considering going for kumite at the world championships. This is despite my screwed ankle. I am going to tape the shit out of my ankle everytime I train and when I fight in Japan. I should be okay.

No comments: