Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back to basics

It seems that with Mitchell off training to catch bad guys, I'm the only one showing up for training on Fridays these days.

In some ways bad, because I no longer have a training partner with whom to "play" around. In some ways it's good because, well, I get to work on my own stuff.

I asked sensei Friday if she'd allow me to hit the dummy for a while. Told her I watched my vids and came to the conclusion that my combinations seemed to be working well (im creating open targets and going for them), but I didn't score as often as I wished because I was slightly off target ... especially when I shot to the men. She was totally for it, and suggested I try to hit the dummy 100 times a night with the same technique.

If she has the time to give me, I have the time to spare!

So during the last class, I did nothing but shomen uchi against the dummy, trying to get good hits. Much to work on. Much to work on, indeed.

No comments: